- Ganga Dussehra is the day when Ganga Mata appeared in the Earth due of penance of King Bhagirath
- Lakhs of devotees will throng the banks of Holy River Ganges at Rishikesh, Haridwar, Varanasi, Prayag (Allahabad), Garh-Mukteshwar etc and take holy dip
- Devotees will lit flames and offer it Ganges River along with flowers and prasad (sweet). Ganga Nadhi will glitter with lot of floating flames
- Aarti will be done to Ganga Maata at many Ghats. Kirtans, Bhajans will be sung at many places
Next Year Ganga Dussehra:
- In 2018, Ganga Dussehra is celebrated on May 24, 2018 (Thursday)
Tags: Dasami - Ganga Nadhi - 17 When is Ganga Dussehra in 2017?